Albion Academy COVID-19 Information
Home Learning Guide 20-21
Year 7 Home Learning
Year 8 Home Learning
Year 9 Home Learning
Year 10 Home Learning
Year 11 Exams
Accessing Teams While Home Learning
COVID Update and Temporary Changes to School Routine for Year 9
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 24-11-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 23-11-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 18-11-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 12-11-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 06-11-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 04-11-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 21-10-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 19-10-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 13-10-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 12-10-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 07-10-2020
COVID Warn and Inform Letter 05-10-2020
Student Return Dates for September 2020
These are the provisional dates for students to return to the Academy, please keep checking here, if anything changes we will update this information.
A letter to parents and students from Mr Roberts 16-07-2020
Parents and students, please take a few minutes to complete the surveys linked below, the main aim of this survey is to understand how you feel about learning from home and what more could be done to help while school is partially closed.
A letter to parents from Mr O'Brien 10-07-2020
A message to students from Mr O'Brien 10-07-2020
It has been fantastic to see so many of you back at the Academy in the past few weeks. We are looking forward to seeing more of you before we break for the summer.
To help us prepare for your return in September we would be really interested in hearing your views so we can adapt to meet the challenges of the current situation.
To do this we are taking part in a survey United Learning is running across all its schools.
The main aim of this survey is to understand how you feel about learning from home and what more could be done to help while school is partially closed.
The survey will be open for one week. To take part, click this link and follow the instructions. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
End of Year Assessments 03-07-2020
Please ensure that your child has completed their End of Year Science Assessments via google quizzes. This can be found by clicking the relevant link below.
The assessments aim to identify gaps in students’ knowledge, so that teaching in Science is focused and a catch-up programme can put in place for when your child returns.
Each year group has 2 assessments apart from year 10 who have 3.
School Uniform 01-07-2020
Half Term 6 Parent Checklists
The parent checklist provides an overview of the remote learning that has been set for your child to complete this term. It is broken down into weekly learning tasks for each of their subjects.
The aim of this checklist is to enable you to effectively monitor the work your child is being set and to indicate if they require any support from their subject teacher to complete.
Student and Parent Help
We have set up dedicated email addresses to make keeping in touch with us during the closure easier for all, these addresses can be used to ask a range of questions, from pastoral issues to how students log on to their email account from outside school. There is one for parents and guardians and one for students.
Information for Parents
Help Guides and Videos for Students
- The Launch Project: Doing emergency packs for people self-isolating or finding it hard to get out 0161 883 3192
- Salford Assist: People in crisis who don’t have money for food or heating call 0800 694 3695
- Costcutter Eccles: Offering free delivery for elderly and vulnerable 07958241154/ 07544371341
- The Tatton: Ordsall Café. Hold the bread and butter project. Family Shopping from £7 0161 872 6011
- Go Local Whit Lane: Offering basic living packages to the elderly of Whit Lane and surrounding area. A bottle of milk, bread, toilet roll and a bottle of water. Delivered for free. 07494522674
- Iceland Salford Precinct: Open for over 65’s 9-11 on a Wednesday
- If you are down to £4 on your gas and electric pay and go. You can phone your provider and ask for a fuel voucher. You can do this twice a year and don’t have to pay it back. £40 credit will be given to you.
- If you can’t get baby formula, if you ring your local pharmacy they should be able to order you some. Or if you look on the back of the baby formula tin some have helpline numbers and they should be able to deliver some to you.