Latest School Closure Information
Here are a a few links to other pages on the school website that you might find useful during the closure
Please keep checking back here, this page will be updated with the latest information as and when we have it
Posted 25/03/2020 17:50
Thanks you to all the parents and students who are continuing to follow the government guidance so closely. We will continue to keep parents updated as more information is released nationally. We are also responding to parental requests for ‘log-in’ information by providing video tutorials at the bottom of this page.
Many parents have reported that the information about setting up a home routine has been helpful. This will also be uploaded shortly.
Posted 23/03/2020 17:15
Thank you to all the parents and students who have e-mailed with questions regarding the work that has been set. We are overwhelmed by the number of people who are already setting positive learning routines at home.
Please be patient in the first few days – we are aware that Microsoft Teams, Hegarty Maths etc. are all struggling under the pressure of the national demand. Whilst this is out of our direct control, we hope this will improve in the coming days and weeks. Unless urgent, please do not email teachers for the first few days about work until we allow the systems to settle down. The hard packs of work we sent to all students in years 7-10 should be arriving in the post shortly. We have also put some work on the Academy website.
Today we have created a ‘Well-being’ page on the Academy website. One of the elements of this page will be to provide information on ideas, materials and resources that parents could use with students outside of the set Academy work. This will be populated over the next twenty four hours and will be added to as we come across useful information.
Thanks for your patience
Free School Meals Information
Information for Parents
Office (Email, Teams, OneDrive, Word, Excel etc.) help videos for students, these videos will help students get logged on to Microsoft Teams and see work that has been set for them.
Parent and Student Help
We have set up dedicated email addresses to make keeping in touch with us during any full or partial closure easier for all, these addresses can be used to ask a range of questions, from pastoral issues to how students log on to their email account from outside school. There is one for parents and guardians and one for students, there may be a delay in getting back to you, please bear with us.
- The Launch Project: Doing emergency packs for people self-isolating or finding it hard to get out 0161 883 3192
- Salford Assist: People in crisis who don’t have money for food or heating call 0800 694 3695
- Costcutter Eccles: Offering free delivery for elderly and vulnerable 07958241154/ 07544371341
- The Tatton: Ordsall Café. Hold the bread and butter project. Family Shopping from £7 0161 872 6011
- Go Local Whit Lane: Offering basic living packages to the elderly of Whit Lane and surrounding area. A bottle of milk, bread, toilet roll and a bottle of water. Delivered for free. 07494522674
- Iceland Salford Precinct: Open for over 65’s 9-11 on a Wednesday
- If you are down to £4 on your gas and electric pay and go. You can phone your provider and ask for a fuel voucher. You can do this twice a year and don’t have to pay it back. £40 credit will be given to you.
- If you can’t get baby formula, if you ring your local pharmacy they should be able to order you some. Or if you look on the back of the baby formula tin some have helpline numbers and they should be able to deliver some to you.