Impact on attainment
Attendance of 96% or above: 82% achieved 5 A* -C including English and Mathematics
Attendance of 94% or above: 62% achieved 5 A* -C including English and Mathematics
Attendance of 90% or above: 52% achieved 5 A* -C including English and Mathematics
Attendance of 80% or above: 36% achieved 5 A* -C including English and Mathematics
Attendance of 70% or above: 18% achieved 5 A* -C including English and Mathematics
If you are concerned about this new 'Focus on Attendance', there are important steps that you can take:
- Ensure your child attends every day, on time, equipped and ready to learn. Lesson time begins at 8.40am. Students should be in the building by 8.30am. Students arriving after 9.30am will be marked absent and will require an explanatory note or the absence will remain unauthorised.
- Ensure the school has up-to-date addresses and telephone numbers. We will contact you by text through the automated ‘truancy call’ system if your child is absent and you have not contacted the school. This ensures that truancy is quickly identified.
- If your child is ill, contact the school on the first day of absence and provide an explanatory note on their return to school.
- If you wish to check that your child has arrived at school, contact the Attendance Officer. She will inform you if your child has been registered.
- If no contact is received regarding the absence, it is recorded as unauthorised. Ultimately the school is responsible for deciding if the absence is acceptable or not. Only genuine absence will be authorised. You will be asked to provide medical certificates if your child has a poor attendance record.
- Ensure that medical appointments are made outside of school time.
- Avoid trivial absences such as, ‘buying new shoes’. This would not be accepted as a reasonable absence.
- Respond to letters or telephone calls regarding attendance and punctuality.
Contact your child’s form tutor if you are experiencing difficulty in getting your child into school.
Thank you for working in partnership with us to achieve the highest possible levels of attendance and punctuality at The Albion Academy.