PE Additional Information
- All PE kit must be clearly named.
- Students will be expected to take personal responsibility for collecting items which have been left in changing rooms.
- Un-named/unmarked items will be put into lost property in Student Reception and retained until the end of the term.
- Students excused from PE with a note from a medical professional MUST bring suitable kit to allow them to participate as officials, coaches or sports leaders.
- Students with long hair are required to tie hair back for health and safety reasons.
- Students are required to remove all jewellery items (including earrings) for health and safety reasons.
- In some activities, students will be required to remove spectacles which are not designed for sport and physical activity. If spectacles are worn for PE lessons, both the frames and lenses should be made of plastic rather than glass and should be secured so that they are not likely to slip or fall off.
- In some activities PE teachers will advise students on specific personal protective equipment (PPE) for specific activities (for example shin pads and longer football socks in football). It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to ensure that PPE is provided as advised to students by their PE teacher.
- In some styles of Dance and exercise to music, students are expected to remove footwear and socks. This is for health and safety purposes as well as supporting the highest possible level of performance. Whilst we would prefer barefoot, students may opt to wear suitable black or white nonslip/grip style socks. Suitability will be discussed with students individually if it is deemed necessary.
- We recognise that for parents/carers of students in their final year at the academy, it may not be financially viable to replace PE kit if it is lost or students grow out of it. For this reason, students in year 11 are allowed the privilege of additional flexibility with their PE kit. They are permitted to wear a suitable plain black sports t-shirt or polo shirt and plain back shorts, jogging bottoms or sports leggings. Suitability of individual items will be discussed with students individually if it is deemed necessary.
Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. This will be at the academy’s discretion. If you would like any more information, please contact your child’s year director.
The following are NOT permitted
- Hair which has been dyed an extreme colour such as pink
- Styles where lines and/or shapes are cut into the hair
- Hair extensions
Hair should be clean, well brushed, neat and of a natural colour. Hair should not cover the face. Any hair accessories must be black or white and discreet.
Jewellery & Make-Up
Students are not allowed to wear any jewellery including rings and/or bracelets. A wristwatch may be worn.
Students are not allowed any visible tattoos and students wearing make-up will be asked to remove it.
Students whose religion requires them to cover their heads with a scarf or cap are permitted to do so provided it is in plain black or white and does not hide the face.
Students are expected to take responsibility for their belongings. The Academy cannot take responsibility for personal items that are lost. All items of clothing should be named/marked (especially PE kit, coats and blazers).
Uniform Swap Shop
School uniform can be expensive, even though we try to keep our uniform as affordable as possible, we understand that circumstances can change and parent's priorities need to be on keeping their children fed and warm.
Uniform swap shops are a new initiative gaining traction across the country that lets parents/carers donate their old or unused uniform for the use of others who might need it more.
This system works very well for quickly growing children who can swap their old uniform for ones that fit for free.
If you would like to use the swap shop please email firstname.lastname@example.org let us know what items and sizes are required. We will do our best to provide what is needed. Donations (must be clean and in good, wearable condition) can be dropped off by students at the finance office.
We will email you when your swap is ready for collection. If there are items we can’t provide, we will let you know. Students can collect their swaps, in confidence, from the finance office at the end of the day.
Pendleton Gateway, 1 Broadwalk, Salford M6 5FX, have a free uniform exchange scheme where you can also obtain winter coats and shoes.